Terms and Conditions
Enquiries and Reservations
- All hirers (Associates and Standard) can use the SSML Online Catalogue to make an enquiry about or request particular works. Alternatively, you may wish to contact the Music Librarian with your enquiry or request. All requests to hire material must be accompanied by a completed Music Request Form (see below to download).
- We appreciate at least ten working days’ notice for requests. A priority fee (charged per set) will apply to all orders required less than ten working days after the Music Request Form is received.
- Details of hire charges can be downloaded below. Standard hirers are required to pay a deposit per set which is refundable when the music is returned intact. Associates are exempt from paying deposits.
- An invoice for the total hire charges will be sent to the hirer after a formal request has been made. Please wait for the invoice before sending payment.
- For Standard hirers, full payment is required before the music can be issued. Associates are not required to prepay. Payment can be made by cheque, electronic transfer (EFT) or credit card.
- For orders which have not been dispatched, no cancellation fee will generally be payable.
- For dispatched orders, a cancellation fee of 50% of the standard hire period handling fee per transaction will apply. Note: Priority fees and freight fees on dispatched orders are non-refundable.
Return of Music and Refund of Deposits
- Music must be returned to the Symphony Services Music Library within four weeks of the performance. All freight costs associated with the return of music are the responsibility of the hirer. We request that music be returned by courier or registered mail.
- Deposits (if charged) are refunded after the music is returned complete and in the condition in which it was delivered. Handling fees are non-refundable, except in the event of cancellation (see above).
- If any material is found to be missing or damaged, an administration fee will apply to each missing/damaged part transaction in addition to the actual cost of replacing the materials. Replacement charges are non-refundable after payment has been received.
Music Request Form [PDF] | [Word]
Hire Charges 2017 Standard
Hire Charges 2017 Associate
- Symphony Services International, in consideration for the hire fee, will provide you with the hired music. By providing you with the hired music, Symphony Services International does not give any express or implied permission or licence (and Symphony Services International has no authority to grant any permission or licence) to reproduce, publish, adapt, perform or otherwise deal with the hired music.
- In particular, no advice, assistance, or warranties (express or implied) are (or will be) given by Symphony Services International as to the requirements for, or availability of, obtaining permissions or licences necessary for the public performance of music hired from Symphony Services International. You accept all risk and responsibility for loss, damage, costs and other consequences resulting from failing to obtain necessary permissions or licences or otherwise performing in public, reproducing, recording or using the hired music in any manner whatsoever including in any manner in contravention of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- Symphony Services International disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law, all risk and responsibility including all conditions and warranties (express and implied) of any kind in relation to your use of the hired music. You hereby release Symphony Services International absolutely from liability (including without limitation any liability arising from an act or omission on our part) for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages, injury or loss whatsoever which results from any use of music hired from Symphony Services International.
Personal Information Collection