Enquiries and Reservations
- All hirers (Associates, Subscribers and Standard) can use the SSML Online Catalogue to make an enquiry about or request particular works. Alternatively, you may wish to contact the Music Librarian with your enquiry or request. All requests to hire material must be accompanied by a completed Music Request Form (see below to download).
- We appreciate at least ten working days’ notice for requests. A priority fee (charged per set) will apply to all orders required less than ten working days after the Music Request Form is received.
- Details of hire charges can be downloaded below. Standard hirers are required to pay a deposit per set which is refundable when the music is returned intact. Associates and Subscribers are exempt from paying deposits.
- An invoice for the total hire charges will be sent to the hirer after a formal request has been made. Please wait for the invoice before sending payment.
- For Standard hirers, full payment is required before the music can be issued. Associates and Subscribers are not required to prepay. Payment can be made by cash (if collected in person), cheque, electronic transfer (EFT) or credit card.
- For orders which have not been dispatched, no cancellation fee will generally be payable.
- For dispatched orders, a cancellation fee of 50% of the standard hire period handling fee per transaction will apply. N.B. Priority fees and freight fees on dispatched orders are non-refundable.
Return of Music and Refund of Deposits
- Music must be returned to the Symphony Services Music Library within four weeks of the performance. All freight costs associated with the return of music are the responsibility of the hirer. We request that music be returned by courier or registered mail.
- Deposits (if charged) are refunded after the music is returned complete and in the condition in which it was delivered. Handling fees are non-refundable, except in the event of cancellation (see above).
- If any material is found to be missing or damaged, an administration fee of $40.40 will apply to each missing/damaged part transaction in addition to the actual cost of replacing the materials. Replacement charges are non-refundable after payment has been received.
Hire Charges 2013 Standard [PDF]
Hire Charges 2013 Associates [PDF]
Hire Charges 2013 Subscribers [PDF]