Terms and Conditions of Hire
The following Terms and Conditions of Hire apply specifically to the provision of material from the Symphony Services Music Library. Please also refer to our general Terms of Service.
Enquiries and Reservations
- All hirers (Associates and Standard) should contact the Library Coordinator to enquire about availability and to place hire requests for material from the Symphony Services Music Library. Please note that the online Library Catalogue does not indicate availability, therefore hirers must contact the Library Coordinator to lodge an enquiry or submit a Music Request Form.
- We appreciate at least ten working days’ notice for requests. A priority fee (charged per set) will apply to all orders required less than ten working days after the Music Request Form is received. We reserve the right to refuse any requests that cannot be fulfilled due to time constraints.
- Hire charges can be downloaded here. Standard hirers are required to pay a deposit per set which is refundable when the music is returned complete and intact. Associates are exempt from paying deposits.
- Freight fees for delivery of material will be calculated in advance based on the weight of the material to be dispatched. Any unforeseen delivery fees, such as those for redelivery if no one is present to receive the consignment, will be deducted from the deposit or charged on an additional invoice.
- An invoice for the total hire charges will be sent to the hirer after a formal request has been made. Please wait for the invoice before sending payment.
- For Standard hirers, full payment is required before the music can be issued. Associates are not required to prepay. Payment can only be made via electronic transfer (EFT) or credit card.
- For orders which have not been dispatched, no cancellation fee will generally be payable.
- For dispatched orders, a cancellation fee of 50% of the standard hire period handling fee per transaction will apply. Note: priority fees and freight fees on dispatched orders are non-refundable.
Return of Material and Refund of Deposits
- Hired material must be returned to the Symphony Services Music Library within four weeks of the performance. The return address and due date are listed on the delivery note accompanying the material. All freight, insurance and replacement costs associated with the return of material are the responsibility of the hirer. We request that material be returned by courier or registered mail.
- Deposits (if charged) are refunded after the material is returned complete and in the condition in which it was delivered. Handling fees are non-refundable, except in the event of cancellation (see above).
- If any material is found to be missing or damaged, an administration fee will apply to each missing/damaged part transaction in addition to the actual cost of replacing the material. Replacement charges are non-refundable after payment has been received.
- Additional fees for replacement or redelivery (see above) will be deducted from deposits or charged on an additional invoice.
- Symphony Services International, in consideration for the hire fee, will provide you with the hired material. By providing you with the hired material, Symphony Services International does not give any express or implied permission or licence (and Symphony Services International has no authority to grant any permission or licence) to reproduce, publish, adapt, perform or otherwise deal with the hired material.
- In particular, no advice, assistance, or warranties (express or implied) are (or will be) given by Symphony Services International as to the requirements for, or availability of, obtaining permissions or licences necessary for the public performance of material hired from Symphony Services International. You accept all risk and responsibility for loss, damage, costs and other consequences resulting from failing to obtain necessary permissions or licences or otherwise performing in public, reproducing, recording or using the hired material in any manner whatsoever including in any manner in contravention of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- Symphony Services International disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law, all risk and responsibility including all conditions and warranties (express and implied) of any kind in relation to your use of the hired material. You hereby release Symphony Services International absolutely from liability (including without limitation any liability arising from an act or omission on our part) for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages, injury or loss whatsoever which results from any use of material hired from Symphony Services International.