Symphony Services International orchestrates musical excellence world-wide.
We assist orchestras and classical musicians to perform at their best. All members of the global orchestral community can benefit from our products and services.
Formerly Symphony Services Australia, we present the ABC Symphony Australia Young Performers Awards and have set international benchmarks with our Conductor Development program. We also hold the southern hemisphere’s largest classical print music library, offer over 3,500 program notes and take the headache out of tour management for visiting international artists.
Our cost-effective services are of the highest quality. These include:
- Goodear Acoustic Shield
- Goodear Editions
- SSI Music Library
- Program Notes
- Artist Development and the ABC Symphony Australia Young Performers Awards
- International tour co-ordination for conductors and musicians performing in Australia
- Consultancy Brokering Service
These specialised services are available to any organisation or individual, and are offered at a significant discount to our Associates. With a passionate, expert and dedicated staff, Symphony Services International has the know-how and experience to service your needs efficiently and with a personal touch.
Our services for Members and Associates
Our longstanding Members are the six major Australian symphony orchestras: the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Queensland Symphony Orchestra, Sydney Symphony, Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra and West Australian Symphony Orchestra. Each of these orchestras has a representative on the Symphony Services International Board.
Membership is for invited professional orchestras in the Australasian region. Members enter into a Service Level Agreement with Symphony Services International at a fixed rate. This entitles them to receive full preferential access to all available services and benefits, including a seat on the Symphony Services International Board.
Our Associates are selected professional and peak orchestras in Australia and the region.
An annual access fee of $3,000 plus GST entitles the Associate to nominate staff to attend Summits hosted by Symphony Services International (available only to Members and Associates) as well as the ability to separately purchase products and services at a discounted rate. The range of benefits is listed below.
Be part of the Symphony Services International family – join us!
Benefits to Members and Associates
Members receive full preferential access to all available services and benefits, including a seat on the Symphony Services International Board.
Associates receive the following benefits:
- Invitation to attend all annual orchestral Summits
- 25% discount on hire fees for all scores and parts of the SSI Music Library and most other services
- Receipt of weekly electronic international orchestral clippings service
- Rotating marketing feature on our website and e-newsletter
- Free advertising on our website
- Access to research and publications created by Symphony Services International
- Up to 10 free program note reprints from our database per year
- Exemption from SSI Music Library security deposit
- Full access to the online SSI Music Library catalogue
- Full access to the online Program Note catalogue
- Receipt of a quarterly e-newsletter
- Access to online forums and blogs in a variety of areas
- Advance notice of events such as seminars, training programs etc
- “How-to” sheets on a variety of aspects of running an orchestra