In the lead up to the Orchestra’s return to the stage, audiences can enjoy informative and insightful content weekly, including:
- Monday — #MusicClassMonday — Every Monday the Sydney Symphony will release content from its Education program to support teachers. See our first #MusicClassMonday here featuring our educational Meet the Music Kit for our 2019 performance of Music of the Oud with oud virtuoso and composer Joseph Tawadros AM.
- Tuesday — Music to Set up Your Week — In specially curated playlists, musicians of the Sydney Symphony share what they’re listening to at home. In our first playlist, musicians of the Sydney Symphony share the pieces that are keeping them calm.
- Wednesday — #WellnessWednesday — As many throughout the community are adjusting to life at home, every Wednesday our musicians will be sharing insights into what they’re doing at home to maintain their mental and physical wellbeing. Second Violinist Shuti Huang shares how he’s keeping well in the first #WellnessWednesday .
- Thursday — Midweek Motivation — Join us as our musicians offer a glimpse into their homes and lives as artists, and hear them like you’ve never heard them before. 2020 Trombone Fellow Dale Vail performs an arrangement of Grover Washington’s Just the Two of Us in our first Midweek Motivation.
- Friday — Meet the Musician — Ever wanted to know more about the musicians that make up your Sydney Symphony Orchestra? Each Friday, we’ll be sharing fun facts and all you’ve ever wanted to know about our musicians and their instruments. Principal Contrabassoon Noriko Shimada is the first to answer one of our burning questions.
- Sunday — Lazy Sundays — Join us every Sunday from the comfort of your home as we revisit some of our favourite moments from our Sydney Opera House Concert Hall home. In our first Lazy Sunday, we relived our 2019 performance with conductor Vladimir Ashkenazy and cellist Andreas Brantelid performing Elgar’s Cello Concerto.
Audiences can follow us on social media or the #PlayAnotherDay hashtag to be notified when new content appears.